GUIDELINES FOR ORAL AND POSTER PRESENTATIONS
ARS 2017 - Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Each presenter will be given 8 minutes for the presentation and 2 minutes for the discussion. Your presentation will be judged by a panel of judges.
- Presentations may only be given as PowerPoint presentations. No other audio-visual medium (e.g., slide, video, or overhead) or software is allowed.
- You are kindly requested to prepare your power point presentation compatible with Microsoft Power Point 2010.
- Prepare your presentation as a single file to run on PC as a Microsoft Office PowerPoint Presentation format file. Computers available at the conference will run at least PowerPoint 2010. Save your file as a normal PowerPoint file (.pptx). Do not save your file as a PowerPoint Show (.ppsx) file.
- Arrive at your session 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the SESSION (not your presentation). Meet the audio-visual volunteer to upload your presentation on conference computer.
- Presenters will NOT be allowed to use their own laptop computers. Apple computers will NOT be available.
- All presenters will be given the opportunity to check their presentations on-site, before their presentation time.
ARS 2017 Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Each poster session author will be provided with a 4”x3” poster board area (Landscape) and mounting pins. The board will indicate the poster number in upper right corner. Authors are responsible for mounting their posters the in the morning of their presentation and removing them as soon as the session ends. Posters left up past that time will be discarded.
- All illustrations, charts, etc., to be posted should be prepared in advance as materials for these purposes will not be available at the meeting site. ARS 2017 will provide a reasonable supply of push pins.
- The poster should be prepared in Landscape orientation. Each poster must include text in a large enough font (~28point font) to be read easily by attendees from a distance of 4 to 5 feet or more. Lettering on illustrations should be large and legible. Material should be displayed in logical sequence (introduction, development, conclusion).
- No commercial activities or any advertising may be displayed on the posters. Non-compliance with this rule will result in the poster being removed.
- Authors may wish to bring extra copies of their data and conclusions. No duplication facilities will be available through ARS 2017. Authors may also wish to provide sign-up sheets for attendees who may wish additional information, reprints, etc.
- Posters will be arranged by topic on one of two conference days (Thursday or Friday) and remain up the full day. Approximately two hours each of those days is set aside for poster presentations and judgement when no other sessions are scheduled. The authors need not be present the entire time.